1. What is internal medicine, and what does an internal medicine doctor do?
Internal medicine is a field of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases in adults. Internal medicine doctors, also called Internists, are trained to manage complex medical conditions.
2. What conditions do internal medicine doctors diagnose and treat?
Internal medicine doctors diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, including chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease, infectious diseases, and conditions related to aging. They would be able to diagnose the cause of symptoms that cannot be immediately attributed to a single illness
3. How can I prepare for my first appointment with an internal medicine doctor?
To prepare for your first appointment with an internal medicine doctor, make a list of any symptoms or concerns you have, bring a list of all medications and supplements you are taking, and be prepared to discuss your medical history.
4. How long does an appointment with an internal medicine doctor typically last?
An appointment with an internal medicine doctor typically lasts 60 minutes; depending on the complexity of your condition.
5. What should I bring with me to my appointment with an internal medicine doctor?
When visiting an internal medicine doctor, bring along any relevant medical records or test results, and a list of questions or concerns you want to discuss
6. How often should I see an internal medicine doctor for routine check-ups?
You should see an internal medicine doctor for routine check-ups at least once a year, but more frequent visits may be necessary if you have certain health conditions.
7. What are the benefits of seeing an internal medicine doctor for primary care?
Seeing an internal medicine doctor for primary care provides many benefits, including comprehensive medical evaluations, preventative care, and personalized treatment plans
8. What should I expect during a physical exam with an internal medicine doctor?
During a physical exam with an internal medicine doctor, you can expect to have your vital signs checked, your lungs and heart listened to, and a general overall health assessment.
9. What diagnostic tests or procedures might an internal medicine doctor recommend?
Diagnostic tests or procedures recommended by an internal medicine doctor may include blood tests, imaging studies, or other tests based on your symptoms and medical history
10. How does an internal medicine doctor work with other specialists to provide comprehensive care ?
Internal medicine doctors work closely with other specialists to ensure that patients receive comprehensive, coordinated care.
11. What are some common medications prescribed by internal medicine doctors ?
Common medications prescribed by internal medicine doctors may include blood pressure medications, cholesterol-lowering medications, and medications to manage diabetes.
12. How can I manage chronic conditions with the help of an internal medicine doctor ?
For patients with chronic conditions, an internal medicine doctor can help with medication management, lifestyle modifications, and ongoing monitoring to keep symptoms under control.
14. What insurance plans does your internal medicine practice accept ?
Insurance plans accepted by an internal medicine practice may vary. It's important to check with the practice to ensure that your insurance is accepted.
15. How can I schedule an appointment with an internal medicine doctor at your practice?
To schedule an appointment with us you can call us at +65 97991157 (WhatsApp enabled), +65 60129957 (Singapore fixed line) or you visit our website to book an appointment at www.kaizenmed.com.sg